Saturday, May 22, 2010
Faiffy Girl Turns 4!
That title is scary. How in the world??? Where did it go....probably passed during the time that Hunter grew to be 11, Chandler almost 9, Weston 6 and Halle now...7months. Actually, Halle seems exactly as old as she is. I mean...I can hardly believe that she is 7 months but, she has made everyday memorable. But....that is a different blog entry.
So, back to Faith. I can still remember toting that staple hair bow headband in my hospital bag with the pink outfit....which sat right next to the full blue ensamble ....and well, wondering if I would EVER be able to let that pink out of the bag! Finally....the day would come. Our little Faith Anne Feagin....wow! How our lives ....ALL our lives would change. From the pink clothes, hairbows, toys etc...right now to her sparkly shoes and take charge attitude and crying spells. I remember how we all watched her in amazement....even the boys...it was a completely different kind of animal coming into our house.....and that has remained true ever since. Many of you know Faith...and well....I think it is safe to say...there just are not many , in fact, none quite like her. She is unique in every way...right down to her voice. That voice....not sure how to describe it, but I know most would agree they have never heard anything like it before.
The fact that I have loved, loved, loved being a boy Mom really surprised me over the years. It was just not what I had pictured or planned. I honestly NEVER considered that I would be a boy Mom. When I was a girl all my hopes and dreams were fixated on the wonderful things that come with little girls. It was a wonderful thing I have gotten to learn about myself, that I could do and would love the boy thing. And then admittedly, still longing for the girl thing...she came along.
Four years later....forget the boy thing I am wondering if I am capable of doing the "girl thing" TWICE.
I was describing Faith the other day to a friend of mine and I think I said...She is the perfect combination of a girly girl and well....our sons. That sounds awful. But, hey..as everyone says, what did I expect? She has three brothers. And it is true! She has never, not once fought me on wearing a hair bow, pink her is her FAVORITE color, she likes clothes and changes them often, she has a fetish for shoes(preferrebly ones covered in sequins), she loves pinkalicious, Fancy Nancy and Hello kitty. Those are all great things in the way of doing the "girl thing." And then the flip side of that is.....she will fish, camp, dig for roly poly's, wrestle and watch wrestling. (I do not view all of those as good things...just fyi) She will play soccer, golf, shoot hoops, scooter and bike...as long as all her supplies and equipment are PINK of course. She could probably be left to care for, cook for and sufficiently mother all of the boys all on her own. And rest assured that even though she is just starting to write...she would have a complete list in her own doodle that will remind her of everything "news worthy" to report back to me. No problem! Which all of the above leave me with.....what more could I have wanted in a daughter!
There is nothing the chld will not do or try...and if anyone is going ANYWHERE...."she wants to go" and most of the time she doesn't even have a clue where.....she is just going.
The last four years have flown by for me. It has been a blast watching her grow and watching the growth that having her as part of our family has prompted in the boys. They love her like nothing I have ever seen before....well, a little of that is fear....but, there's nothing really wrong with that is there??? I think my brother may have been...ok, ok, maybe still is a little afraid of me. And see...that has all worked out okay! The only thing with that is....what will come when the two of us head down that road of the teenage years.............WOW! Well, you know what? We simply will focus on the four blissful years and keep reporting all the cute and wonderful things she does....and when that time comes....I will come back and read these and I will be SO thankful that I wrote all this to remind me!
Happy Birthday my sweet baby girl! You are such a true delight and cast a ray of sunshine on our family and those you meet everyday!
Here are some things I love about you:
~ your sweet smile.
~ the way you snuggle in my lap.
~your singing.
~our mutual love of pink
~your laugh
~your voice
~the way you rub the tag on your blanky
~how sweet you can be with your brothers and sister
~how seriously you take your big sister role
~your long hair
~watching you eat cereal
~seeing you peak your head around the corner of the stairs in the morning
~your sense of humor
~how you start to cry if you see me cry...I probably shouldn't love that...but, I do.
~the way you take the hands of your friends when they are feeling shy
~that Halle has you for a big sister
~how you love shoes
~that you are mine!
and here are some things that you love at 4...
~reading books with Mommy when all the boys are gone
~riding around in the RV with your Daddy
~you have an obsession with looking in people's cars
~beef jerky (yes, that's right....yuck, beef jerky)
~going to the "wash car"
~the tag on your blanky
~singing
~doing "homework"
~having "sleep overs" with anyone and everyone in our house
~Caillou
~jumping on the trampoline
~eating snow
~2 pieces of gum..not one but, it has to be 2
~roly poly's and lady bugs
~chick fil a
~mango popsicles
~trips to the park
~juicy
~singing
~scaring Nina when she comes to work
~Mattie, Bella and Franky (our dog & doggie friends in the neighborhood.)
~spending time with the Prices
~climbing on anything
~playing school
~BSF
~playdoh
~coffee cake
~dr. pepper
Faith had a Pump It Up Party with her friend Reagan. It was crazy with both groups of friends but, she had a blast. Her cake was amazing...as always..thanks to my friend Ashley who makes them!
Here are some photos of her celebrating her birthday...on several different occasions.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment