Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Pretty much the full scoop.........

I feel like we have had a pretty good communication circuit going on here and I know we have been trying to keep everyone update on any new info on our end. But, just in case someone hasn't gotten all the scoop.

I was admitted to the hospital Friday night with about two hours warning that we would be delivering our baby either that night or Saturday morning. Our Doctors had growing concern that the baby was developing Anemia inutero and needed to be removed from the environment. Shortly after arriving at the hospital we discovered the baby was breech and I would carry on with plans of a C-section....which I was NOT happy about at all. I was prepped and wheeled to down to the OR Saturday morning and after getting my epidural I became sick. After getting sick a couple times my Doctor realized that the baby had turned the correct direction, he broke my water and called off the C-section. I labored for 8 frustrating hours....most of which was spent fully dialated trying to figure out why the baby was still floating so high. In the final hour the baby's heartbeat had dropped a couple of times making my Dr. uncomfortable. I began the last phase, the baby's hearbeat dropped again....my Dr. ripped his gloves off and ordered me to OR #1. So off we went.......when we arrived the baby was hooked up to the monitor again and what was an ordinary C-section turned into mass chaos and a sudden emergency. I was knocked out completely which when I heard the order to put me to sleep meant I would not get to see our baby at all. And that's what happened.
Bo was able to see "her" after delivered and he held her for about two minutes and hen she was whisked away to the NICU. We did find out that she was in distress and not coming out properly because she was bound by both hands and feet with her umbilical cord. There was no way she was coming out.
Halle has been in the NICU since birth, we got to hold her yesterday for the first time. I did't even get to see her until Sunday morning. It was heartbreaking for me but, it didn't take me long to figure out that her Dad had stepped in 100% in my absence. He had been going to all the touch times without me, feeding, changing and caring for her while I was either drugged or sick. My first trip down to the NICU and Bo knew all the nurses and all the ropes. He jumped right in and showed me all the things they allowed to help with. I was sad, amazed and proud. Sad, because here I was her Mother and had not even laid eyes on her and had missed the first 12 hours of her life all together. Amazed and proud watching her Father heading in full throttle loving her, bonding with her and taking care of her. I have always loved that Bo loved our infant babies and I adored watching him nurture our tiny little girl. It proved that we could not reach a numerical limit to his desire to be involved and take care of these little ones.
He has not only taken care of Halle he has kept a watchful eye on me too. He was the one to talk me into getting up and mobile yesterday despite the horrid pain. He pulled me out of bed and by the afternoon had convinced me to attempt to walk from the elevator to my room. When I finished struggling through those 20 steps he felt I was doing well enough that I need to stroll on more to the ice machine. The pain was awful but, it sure made getting up later that day easier and it was the first hurtle to making me mobile...which I now am.
We feel so blessed to have our devoted families surrounding us and appreciate all they have done for us. They have all put their own schedules and duties on hold to take care of all our needs and those of our children. I am continuously amazed by their endless giving and providing for us. The kids are doing well and my sweet wonderful friend Alicia has taken our poor puppy again and is making sure she is well taken care of.
I want to make sure that everyone knows how grateful I am of your giving and the peace that I am receiving knowing that you all are taking care of our kids and our sweet puppy. It has made my recovery and time spent in the hospital so much less of a burden. I love you all dearly!
Oh, and one more thing....some BIG progress I had not mentioned yet.....Halle's NICU nurse Alice, who is amazing by the way....agreed that Halle needed to begin wearing a hairbow...so...I have included a picture! She looks every bit of the princess her sister does!!







Love to all,
J

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't ck your blog until today. I didn't think you'd be up to putting anything on it.ha Was I wrong. She is beautiful and I love the bow. I am so happy that you are all doing so well and I know the kids are going to help you and Bo take care of their new sister. I do love the name. I can't wait to see her and you all too. Give a kiss from her Great Aunt Betty. I will make her present as soon as I get back from California and bring it up when finished. Love you guys, Aunt Betty

Tracy said...

So happy to hear Halle is doing better. She is a beautiful little girl. You both continue to be in my prayers... What a miracle God has blessed you with. Love you tons.