Bo dropped the kids and I off at home and headed back to work. I think I stood and stared until his tail lights were no longer in view....when I walked back in the house and they were all talking to me at once and asking to hold her, feed her, change her diaper etc......it sure looked and sounded like alot more than 5 kids. :)
I have to say the afternoon went very smoothly and the kids were thrilled to have Halle home and were lining up on the couch to begin their holding turn.
We did find out that Halle's anemia has not entirely cleared up and that her blood count dropped today a bit. She will need a follow up blood test on Monday that will give us a clearer indication if this is a normal dip or if this is something more serious that will require us to revisit the transfusion issue. Either way I am trying to have peace about this issue. I know who is in control and my worrying and obsessing over this is not going to change the outcome. I would ask for your prayers that a transfusion is not the direction we have to go...
Whatever lies ahead for us I have to say that I have always known and been so thankful for our healthy babies. Bo and I have been so blessed by these children. Our NICU experience had so many blessings for me....the blessing of knowing our daughter began getting top notch immediate care, the relationship that I developed with one of her nurses, Alice. The time that I got to spend with Halle all alone or sitting with my Mom. The number of hours that Bo and I were able to spend talking and appreciating this little miracle without the chaos that our four other little miracles bring. But, the biggest I think was prospective.....because I was at the hospital so much I learned either through direct conversation with the other parents or just by observation and maybe a little evesdropping on the nurses.....the stories about the other babies in Halle's pod. The first thing I learned was to be humbled by what we were dealing with and to be so incredibly thankful that she had some minor health issues that ultimately ...worse case....a transfusion will cure her. The second is how fortunate I am that I was able to be at the hospital for every feeding and that in the event that I couldn't be there....my Mom and Sarah could go in my place and love our little girl for that hour. So many of the parents both worked or had no family here and they would go all day or days without holding their little babies. I worried and was anxious if I had to miss one of her every three hour feedings....these Moms were going ALL day. The third is that in all of this....once again HIS way is the best way....yes, I was getting exhausted driving back and forth to the NICU every 3 hours and it was beginning to take it's toll on the kids....but, I am so thankful that I have been able to recover physically and rest at night .....with the added benefit of being able to get my kids settled in their first week of school. HIS timing is perfect and today was the perfect day to bring our sweet Halle home.
God is so good.....
I cannot begin to express my gratitude the amazing group of women in my life. The meals, carpooling, gifts etc. that have been showered upon our family. I am so grateful to all of you and so thankful for each one of you!
I hope you are all well! Please continue to keep us in your prayers...we have a long flu season in front of us and Halle is so little and so young. I am very worried about her and all the germs that come around our house. I plan on keeping her very hidden from as much as I possible can...but, please pray for her protection!
Love to all,
J




No comments:
Post a Comment