I actually don't find my title to be too amusing but, my Aunt was sweet enough to text me that last week......she explained that she just couldn't resist and felt badly...but, it had to be said....and knowing that she loves me enormously....I believe her. Now.....I can see the humor!
Anyway, got home from Vegas on Friday...had sports, science fair logbooks, school, etc. I had begun to tackle my mountain of shopping but, was still in a little panic over our kids. Hunter was the only one at this point that had made his list to Santa and it only contained 5 items. With 5 items for Santa...I wasn't sure what would be left for us to get him. And the others had not even begun. We planned to take the Christmas card photo on Tuesday night, I needed to burn 5 "winter" songs cd for the Kindergarten party, order balloons, get paper plates, goody cups, and come up with a craft for Faith's party. I needed to buy my contributions/donations for Chandler an Hunter's parties, teacher gifts, shop for our foster children we adopted and try to decorate my house....those were just a few things. All the while I was having an unusual pain in my hip and left leg...I brushed it off and kept on motoring until things progressed to a point on Wednesday night that I could no longer ignore. Blisters everywhere. What in the world I thought....and I would soon find out that I had shingles! Too young to have shingles you say??? Apparently not! According to the ER Dr. ....young, yes...but, getting more and more common among exhausted, overstressed Moms! Wow!!! I went on to have a week of something I have never in my life imagined. I managed to drag myself to the parties and somehow survived until the kids noon dismissal. It was a long week but, I have finally healed and hoping that I can keep it from ever happening again!I have been told that means saying "No" once in a while and asking for help...hmmmmm...I'lllll try!
And all I can say is....thank goodness for Amazon and Santa!
Oh, and just an added bit of fun for us last week...both of our cars were side swiped out in front of our house at night...and the driver was kind of enough to leave without a note! Fun, Fun, Fun!!!!
Love to all,
J
Saturday, December 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment