Ughhh! I am behind...ya ya, I know...you are shocked! But, there have been so many good things going on...so, I have to rewind a bit.
So, I am going back to earlier last month...Faith had a special Dad Night at her preschool. A VERY big deal in the mind of an adoring 3yr old daughter. The invitation came home and as usual Bo and I try to sync our calendars as frequently as possible. So, I yell out to him details of the night along with the date. He frantically repeats the date followed with a "please don't tell me"....He then tells me that he has a huge meeting for work that he must attend to give a speech and present awards etc. In other words....something he cannot miss. There is a stand still of silence. Fortunately, Faith was preoccupied for that part and then just begins to ramble on about how ONLY her Daddy could come to her school. And that she had been practicing her songs over and over for over a week. Bo with a sick look on his face tells her....he cannot wait. Ughhh!
It did not take him long though to figure a way to do both. He and his office moved the dinner back to begin just a wee bit earlier, moved his speech up in the agenda and we then devised a plan that would hinge on things working out minute by minute in our favor....and hoped for the best!
The day I got Faith ready according to the plan, loaded her in the car, sneak picked up her corsage and delivered her to her school....and there her sweet Daddy waited...right on time....Faith was overflowing!
Faith has a very special place in her heart for Bo. They are very very close and it is hard to tell who is more smitten he with her...or she with him. I think it ends up being a very balanced head over heels for eachother.
However, having said that...Faith has gone through this little thing this year where when she has something out of the norm at school...she completely falls apart into a puddle of uncontrollable tears. It has happened at parties, programs, a change in the ciriculum....whatever. We are not really sure what it's about ....but, it's not really fun for any of us. I had this fear that although she was really excited to have Bo there....after we had jumped through the hoops we had....that she was going to fall apart and not participate in the program they had prepared for their Dads.
Fortunately, nothing could be further from the truth...she ran into school clinging tightly to his hand....pullled him down the hallway....and sang every song just as she had rehearsed!
They both had a wonderful night, which ended with a meal prepared to perfection...Chick Fil A! Faith's FAVORITE place!!!
As I tucked her into bed, with a little sweet smile on her face.....she says.."It was a perfect night to have my Daddy at school!"
Love to all,
J




No comments:
Post a Comment