Friday, January 15, 2010

A prayer for a friend........

This morning I write with a heavy heart.........I have spoke about my friend many times on my blog...you all should know her by now. My friend Tracy, who lost her baby a summer ago....Nash was 6 months old and died from an undiagnosed heart condition. Today Nash would have been two years old. Two years old.....somehow, someway....by God's grace alone...I am confident in assuming....my friend Tracy has gotten up each day and tried to live life without her baby. I know that her 3yr old son, Tate makes that feat a little easier but.....I am still in awe of her every single moment. The pain, the loss...the heartache and anger, sadness and confusion are unimaginable to me. I wrote her this morning to let her know that she was of course on my mind, in my thoughts and prayers today....everyday. Those words seem so inadequate to me....I sometimes don't know what to say...and even if I feel like I know what to say...its hard believing that it really makes a difference.

She continues to amaze me, inspire me and humble me. I sit with so many healthy babies .....I hope my life, my love and my parenting reflects how I cherish them and appreciate the gift of them.

Tracy is weeks away from welcoming her third child into the world and feeling a little anxious about this baby and his/her health. Everything is checking out fine but, having had 5 babies...I always find myself just a little anxious at the end as well. I would assume that with what she has experienced feeling even more than a little anxious is more than normal. I would ask you all a couple of things....to remember Nash today for my friend, even if its just for a moment. It is so very important to her to know that he is remembered by us. The second, is to please say a prayer for her to have some peace as she welcomes their new baby. I want her to be able to breathe and enjoy this new miracle without being anxious.
Thank you all, this means a great deal to me!

Love to all,
J

No comments: